Posted on April 7, 2021
Sometimes you will find that you cannot login to your wordpress website or your site not functioning as you had intended.
More often than not this is caused by faulty wordpress plugins that have been installed. Most wordpress plugins are free and this opens up the possibility that the plugin is not being fully maintained and kept up to date to work correctly with the latest version of your wordpress website.
If you cannot access your wordpress admin here is a pro tip to disable your plugins via cPanel file manager that will allow you to get back into your wordpress admin.
2. In the main menu click on Services > My Services
3. Click on the services you would like to access cPanel for. A new page will show with the details of your service.
4. On the right menu under the heading Actions, click on the link Login to Cpanel
5. Click on the File Manager icon
6. Double click on the public_html folder
7. Double click on the wp-content folder
8. Double click on the plugins folder
9. Right click on the plugin folder you suspect of causing the problem and click rename – type .bak at the end of the folder name and click Rename File. You can do this for all plugins as well.
10. Go back to your wordpress admin login and you should now be able to login to your wordpress admin again, if you visit the plugins page you will notice the plugins you rename the folders of will be disabled.