Posted on May 24, 2021
The first thing you should do when deciding which WordPress theme to use on your website is make a list of options.
Good wordpress themes meet the following standards:
- A good WordPress Theme is secure. Security is simply not up for debate. Creating a website is a ton of work, often contains sensitive information in its database, and can represent the livelihoods of its owners and the people who work on it. It has to be as secure as it possibly can be. WordPress Themes themselves are not the end all in site security by any stretch of the imagination. But what they must not be is a vector for attack.
- A good WordPress Theme is regularly updated. A theme cannot be secure, compatible with the latest version of WordPress, or improving if there are no updates.
- A good WordPress Theme is well supported. There is a 99.999% chance that at some point in the creation and subsequent life of your website you will need help with something associated with your theme.
- A good WordPress Theme is search engine optimizable. Some themes come with SEO features built in, others depend on the use of third party SEO plugins.
- A good WordPress Theme is responsive. Mobile devices are responsible for more internet traffic than desktop or laptop computers. It is essential that your website looks and functions well on mobile devices.
These requirements are essential to a good WordPress Theme. Every good option will start with these attributes as their foundation and then build a uniquely valuable product from there.
If you are not sure where to start or it is all over whelming, open a support ticket and we will help you out, we have over 20 years experience in website design and can find the correct solution for you.